Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Basketball Spotlight 13U Top 10 Presented By Agame Team Apparel
The 13U Division has had some explosive moments. Now they we head to National Competition and Summer Slam things should only get hotter. Here’s our Top 10 teams in the region.
Basketball Spotlight 13U Top 10 Presented AGame Team Apparel
1. DC Assault: The regions #1 squad continued to show their muscle by winning their competitive tournament and winning the loaded MIT. The addition of Joe Hampton makes them nearly impossible to beat. The rest of the 13U world should breathe a sigh of relief that they will not be attending the AAU Nationals in Memphis. They are headed to Las Vegas instead.
2. F.A.C.E.S.: The MDC champs represented NJ well at the MIT. Now they are weeks away from a trip to the Nationals in Memphis. Hopefully the Killer Bees have more gas in the tank.
3. Team Felton: After winning the AC Showcase the North Carolina bunch took a hit by losing big time forward Harry Giles to a thumb injury. This group still managed to make it to the finals of the DC Assault tournament and had a good showing at the MIT.
4. Gauchos: After only making a quarterfinal run at the MDC. The Gauchos rebounded by running past New Heights to win the Metropolitan 13U crown. They are the #2 seed for Summer Slam.
5. CT Elite: A final four appearance at the MDC boosted this group into Summer Slam. After an appearance in Memphis they will have a semifinal matchup against the Gauchos at the July 31st event.
6. Force One: Force One won the Silver Division at the MIT. Big Joe has moved on to DC Assault but this group continues to find a way to win. Jeff Dowtin has really stepped his game up.
7. Team Scan: TS recently won the Playaz Blow Up tournament. They won’t be going to Memphis so it will great for them to crash the Summer Slam party.
8. Team Rebels: Yes TR has entered the Top 10. Hey with a championship game appearance at the MDC they showed their true toughness. This might be a real dangerous team in Memphis.
9. Wilson Blue Devils: WBD made a final four MDC run during their Spotlight debut. Their style, flavor and crowd brought a good dimension to the Memorial Day Classic.
10. Team Final: TF will be looking to finish the year off on a positive note. But beware they should return in 2011-2012 with a vengeance.