Wednesday, May 4, 2016
The Basketball Spotlight 6th Grade Top 10 is listed below. These rankings are based on our opinion and should be taken as such.
Basketball Spotlight 6th Grade Top 10 Presented By AGame Team Apparel
1. Riverside Hawks: RH didn’t make it to the AC Showcase and did have some player movement. We will get a chance to see if they are really still the #1 team at the MDC.
2. EA CG Ballers: These boys from North Carolina came to the AC Showcase and ran through the competition easily. They have to be one of the top teams in the country.
3. Team Melo: TM stumbled in a tough pool during the AC Showcase but they still have a serious resume and possess a Spotlight crown.
4. Courtmasters Elite: This newly formed squad didn’t waste any time introducing themselves during the AC Showcase. They made a final four run and defeated some very good teams.
5. New Heights: NH went through a tough pool and made it to the final four of the AC Showcase. I like the team they are building.
6. NY Rens: The Rens made it to the quarterfinals of the AC Showcase they have some serious talent. We will see them at the MDC.
7. Team Rio National: Rio made it to the quarterfinals before losing to eventually champion EA CG Ballers. We look forward to seeing them at the MDC.
8. Team IZOD: Sports U came up short during the AC Showcase but will have another shot to get things done at the Memorial Day Classic.
9. Hilltoppers Heat: HH possess one of the best scorers in the region. We will see if he can help them get through the loaded MDC.
10. Gauchos: The Choz possess one of the best players in the country. Hopefully we can get them to the MDC.
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
The Basketball Spotlight 7th Grade Top 10 is listed below. These rankings are based on our opinion and should be taken as such.
Basketball Spotlight 7th Grade Top 10 Presented By AGame Team Apparel
1. Team IZOD: Sports U dominated the AC Showcase and virtually cemented themselves as the #1 team in the country. We will see them again during the Memorial Day Classic.
2. Team Takeover: TTO has also dominated when they stepped on the floor. They seem to be the crown jewel squad in the DMV. I would have loved to see them battle Sports U.
3. Baltimore United Thrill: Thrill is another top squad we enjoyed from the DMV area. I think they have a good collection of talent and a bright future.
4. NY Rens (Kat): NY Rens made a huge leap after making it to the finals of the AC Showcase. We will see them again at the MDC.
5. PSA Cardinals: The Cardinals looked good during the season and have some serious prospects. They are a team to keep an eye for the next few years.
6. NY Dragons: The Dragons enter the Top 10 after making a final four run during the AC Showcase. They will have a chance to win it all during the MDC.
7. NY Rens (Harris): This pesky bunch got it together during the AC Showcase by making it to the finals. They should be heading down to Neptune for the MDC.
8. New World Unlimited: NWU has some serious ballers and gave us some good moments at our event earlier in the year.
9. Philly Triple Threat: We haven’t seen much of this talented bunch since earlier in the circuit. Hopefully we can get another peek.
10. Team Final: TF will be making another appearance at the MDC and have a chance to make a title run. I can’t wait to see they guards on this squad.
The Basketball Spotlight 8th Grade Top 10 is listed below. These rankings are based on our opinion and should be taken as such.
Basketball Spotlight 8th Grade Top 10 Presented By AGame Team Apparel
1. Team Takeover (Black): TTB has been dominant all season on the 8th grade level and has moved on the high school circuit. It will be tough for any teams to knock them out of the top spot. They have one of the best 8th Grade squads I recent years.
2. Baltimore United Thrill: Thrill moved up after winning the AC Showcase in impressive fashion. They have a loaded squad and such be very successful the rest of the season. They were a real joy to watch.
3. We R 1: The Delaware based squad crashed the party at the AC Showcase and made it to the finals. I like what they are building and should be a favorite to win the MDC.
4. New Heights: NH hasn’t been in the Spotlight for a while but has shown success in other events. They have some of the top prospects in the region and should have continued success.
5. Team Final (Blue): Team Final returns to Spotlight action during the Memorial Day Classic. It should be interesting as they could be on a collision course with rival We R 1.
6. Brooklyn Rens: BR made a final four run at the AC Showcase and could be a tough out during the MDC. You can’t count out this rugged bunch. They could win it all.
7. NJ Playaz: The Playaz made a quarterfinal push during the AC Showcase. They have been a very entertaining team to watch this season.
8. Gauchos: The Gauchos didn’t come to the AC Showcase but have shown promise all season and in other events. I love how their guards play and attack the rim.
9. RIP City: The PA boys made their Spotlight debut and made it to the final four. They have some legit pieces on this squad.
10. NY Lightning: NYL showed some flashes at the AC Showcase before losing in the quarters to a hungry We R 1 squad. They also possess some of the top prospects in the region.
Monday, May 2, 2016
Trey Hall AT UA Next Combine
Hello again, Basketball World!
Trey Hall signing back in for the third entry of my basketball diary. This week was definitely busy from a basketball sense, as I spent most evenings in the gym getting prepared for Under Armour's UA Next Combine in Maryland. It was also a week spent getting readjusted to school after April vacation came to an end.
Friday, April 29, 2016
The 3rd Annual Basketball Spotlight Future Phenom Camp Registration has begun. This year’s camp will once again feature some of the top players in America. When it comes to exposure no other camp in the country brings this kind of coverage. Make sure you register early because this event will sell out once again. Registration information is below.
Event: Basketball Spotlight Future Phenom Camp
Date: August 27th and 28th 2016
Place: District Heights, MD
Grades: Rising 3rd Grade Thru Rising 8th Grade (Class of 2026 Thru Class of 2021)
Price: $299.00 Per Camper (Includes; Skills, Games and Full Uniform)
Click Here To Register
Click Here For Camp Coverage History
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
The Basketball Spotlight Atlantic City Showcase had some of the best talent in the region. America’s Playground Showdown was definitely a dandy. The official mixtape is below and features some of the top players at the event. Thanks for the support and we will see you guys at the Memorial Day Classic May 28th and 29th in Neptune.
Monday, April 25, 2016
Trey Hall Showing Versatility
Hello Basketball World!,
Trey Hall signing back in for Week 2 of my basketball diary. I hope all of you had a productive and blessed week since my last entry. I want to take the time in this entry to highlight one of the major themes in my life and the lives of most student-athletes: time management. Even though I had this past week off from school for April vacation, I was probably busier than I am when school is in session. Each day I had an agenda to accomplish, and it took good time management skills to make sure those things got done. In between my daily tasks, I wanted to make sure I took the week to focus on conditioning each day. It's definitely important to stay in the gym and get through drills and put shots up, but it's just as important to make sure you're conditioned well to have stamina in games.
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Terrence Clarke (Expressions)
Terrence Clarke gave us a lot to talk about during the AC Showcase. The fluid guard seems to be headed for stardom in the New England area. We decided to sit down and talk to him.
One On One Feat. Terrence Clarke