Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Diary Of A Baller: Isaiah "Boogie" Briscoe (Team Scan, Playaz) Entry #5

Monday, was our first day of break so I took full advantage on some sleep. When I woke up I went outside in my backyard to shot around for an hour then called my mom to see if she wanted to go do something productive. Later that day I went to watch the NBA game at my friend’s house.

The next morning my mom needed some help at her store so I woke up at 10:00 am to go help out. After that my mom and I went to Foot Locker to pick me up some shoes but they didn’t have my size. Following that we went to Dairy Queen and I treated her to a milkshake. Then we went back to the house. When the game came on that’s when all the questions started because my mom doesn’t really know a lot of basketball (Shaq’s her favorite player).

On Wednesday when I woke up and went over to my friends house and we played Xbox for a while until my mom came to get me. After that we went back to her store and helped her clean up. Later on we went home and started filling out my iHoops application. It’s a program I hope to be attending this summer.

Thursday came and I was just looking forward for this weekend playing with my old team NJ Pirates in the NJ AAU state tourney. In the morning I made myself some breakfast, got dress and my mom came to pick me up because we had some stuff to take care of. When I got home I relaxed and watched the NBA playoff games!

On Friday we were suppose to have a state game but one of the teams dropped out so instead I went to chill with some friends .When I got home I watched some replays of my games when I was about 11 years old. That night I couldn’t go to sleep I stayed up to about 6:00 a.m. watching “The Lebrons” which is a great show!

Saturday game day, I woke up ate some breakfast and headed over to my game against F.A.C.E.S at 2:30. I had 29 points even though it was a sluggish game. We weren’t really hitting shots and had a ton of turnovers. I fouled out with 4 minutes left down 7, and that will never happen again. I will chalk it up as a lesson learned and next time I will have to play smarter down the stretch. We end up losing by seven. After the game I went home to eat and relax because I was sore. All I was thinking about all night was can’t lose tomorrow have to play through everything and come out with the win!

The next morning it was game time at Bloomfield College. We played NJ Got Game at 9:00. They played hard and took a 3 point lead into the locker room. We came out in the second half and broke out to a 20 point lead. We played much better than the first game, not as many turnovers. We beat Got Game by 21, I had 34 points. Following the game I went home showered, took a nap and I woke up about five. I watched the Heat vs. Celtics game and finished up my math homework. Overall I felt I had a very productive week.

Shout outs to my boy Chops , Javon , and My Man Alex Kline!