Will Team Final Finally Get To That Elusive Final Four?
The basketball season has arrived and Basketball Spotlight will kick things off with our season previews. We decided to do breakdown each AAU district by age and give you an inside look to some of the teams. Here’s look at the Mid Atlantic 14U Division. (Remember some things can change because no rosters are set.)
Team To Beat: Team Final
TF feel like they have unfinished business after placing 6th at the AAU Nationals. They have reloaded with some top talent and don’t be surprised if they mercy ruled several teams this year. A National title run might be in order for this group.
Dark Horse: Philly Aztecs
Aztecs are out to prove that their Final Four run wasn’t luck. They also have added some pieces and should be ready to go. Now they have to play the role of the hunted instead of being the hunters. The pressure is on.
Preseason Player of The Year: Lamarr Kimble
Right now he’s playing like he wants to win the award again. His swagger is serious and he’s working extremely hard on his game. We also will keep an eye on Trevaughn Wilkerson, Sam Foreman and Devin Liggeons.
Mid Atlantic Preseason 1st Team
1. Lamarr Kimble (Team Final)
2. Marcus Floyd (Philly Aztecs)
3. Tavon White (Team Rebels)
4. Trevaughn Wilkerson (Team Final)
5. Horace Spencer (Montgomery County)
1. Malik Ellison (Team Final)
2. Devin Liggeons (Philly Aztecs)
3. Sam Foreman (Team Final)
4. Malachi Richardson (Team Final)
5. Tim Delaney (Team Final)
1. Seiquann Kearney (Team Rebels)
2. Shaun Alston (Team Final)
3. Myles Powell (SJ Blitz)
4. Terquin Mott (Philly Aztecs)
5. Mekhi Bryant (SJ Blitz)
Next Stop: New Jersey