Thursday, March 18, 2010
Basketball Spotlight 14U Top 10: Presented By AGame Apparel
The 14U Division is still dominated by Starrett City but a couple of teams have made some moves upward. Now we are getting ready for AAU States and Regional tournaments so things should get very interesting. Here’s a breakdown of the 14U Top 10 Teams. Remember this is just our opinion and should be taken as such.
Basketball Spotlight 14U Top Presented By AGame Apparel
1. Starrett City: SC has separated itself from the rest of the pack. They are the favorite in just about every tourney they enter. Right now they are the heavy favorite for Team Of The Year.
2. Youth Interlock: YI stumbled a bit this weekend at the Philly Aztecs tourney. Hopefully they can get it together before their AAU Regional arrives. Other teams are thirsty for their spot.
3. Team Scan: Scan got a big bump by winning the NJ Got Game tourney and mercy ruling most of the opposition. They seem to be very hungry for YI’s spot in the rankings.
4. Team Nelson: After a horrible showing at the NJ Got Game tourney, TN rebounded to win the Philly Aztecs tourney. This event featured some of the top teams from the Mid Atlantic Region.
5. New Heights NYC: NH is headed for the Spring Fling and will try to continue its winning ways. They have a rugged bunch and might be a threat to dethrone Starrett City when the Metropolitan Regional rolls around.
6. Future Players: FP will be making their Spotlight debut in AC a few weeks from now. They should have revenge on their mind as they got clipped by New Heights in the finals of the MIT.
7. Team Underrated: The boys from Long Island made a run to the finals of the famed IS8. The some serious up and coming talent. We should be seeing them very soon.
8. Team NJ ABC: Things seem to be back in place for the reining NJ State champs. They made a strong run to the championship of the NJ Got Game tourney. They have added a couple new pieces so watch out.
9. Philly Aztecs: We will get another look at these boys once they hit the Atlantic City Showcase. They have the talent to make a deep run.
10. NJ Pirates: The Pirates have been quiet since the Clash For The Cup. They will need some good showings to stay in the Top 10 next month.