Monday, December 17, 2012

Diary Of A Baller: Lucas Hudson (Center Valley, PA) Final Entry

Lucas Driving Through The Lane!

Hello basketball world! This week was crazy. So let’s get to it. 

On Monday and Thursday morning before school I started my day at Obe’s gym. Like always it was a great workout and I will continue to go to him to improve my strength. At his point the main thing that I have to improve in my game is my strength, and I will strive to get stronger. I’m not sure if I mentioned it or not but my mom works out with me! Sometimes she can’t keep up, but she does the best she can. I’m really proud of her because the workouts are very hard! 

On Tuesday my school watched a play about the birth of Jesus. It was performed by the Maranatha Actors. The actors always pick people from the audience to be a part of the play. I got picked to play Joseph, Jesus’ father. So that was fun. 

On Thursday I had my first school game of the year. I had to sit out of the first quarter because some of my friends and I were talking and fooling around during our Christmas concert and play which was held last Friday. The play was long and when you’re sitting with your five best friends, it’s hard to keep quiet and not act up. As you can see, our school is very strict, so next time I just won’t talk as much. It was very hard to sit out for the first quarter, but I made the most of it by scoring over 30 points in 18 minutes in a tight win. 

Friday I helped out at a local pantry that provides food for the needy. Christmas meal packages and Christmas presents for children were being prepared for local families. After that my mom took me to ESYC to get some shots up. My friend, Moshe, was there so my mom was happy that she didn’t have to do all the rebounding. We worked out together for 90 minutes. 

Saturday was a very hectic and fun day. My parents took me and my friend, Talek, to Funsport in Brooklyn to play with Team Reading, PA. We played an extremely tough team (PYO). We lost by one point. None of our team played well, including me. But the highlight of the day was when I received from Mr. Rivers the Under Armour Spine Bionic shoes because my GPA was 98, the second highest in the league. Thank you very much, Mr. Rivers! I love these shoes! Right after the game, we had to rush back to Allentown to play my ESYC Travel League game. It was some ride because my mom kept telling my dad to drive faster and he kept yelling at her that he was driving fast enough. What a crazy ride back. We just made it to the game at half-time. My team was down by two. Because I didn’t feel I played well at the last game at FunSports, I took my anger out in this game by scoring 35 points in the 2nd half. With seconds remaining in the game, we were down by two and I was fouled driving to the basket. I made both free throws so the game went into overtime and we ended up winning by 4. 

Yesterday I went to church in the morning, did some homework, and then went to my ESYC game. This was a tough game because the team had a lot of ninth graders players. It was a dog fight to the end and we ended up winning by 3 points in overtime! What a game! 

I spoke with my parents about the horrible shootings in Connecticut. We were so shocked. I’m sure you all feel the same. I wonder when God is going to return. I wish he would come soon. Our world is just crazy right now. Please continue to pray for the families who have lost loved ones and for the other people who were involved in this tragedy. So that was my week. 

This will be my last diary. I had a great time telling you guys about my life. Thank you for all the love following each diary and thank you for taking the time to read it. I really appreciate Mr. Melton giving me a chance to do this diary for the past 12 weeks! Keep working hard on the court and in school and in everything you do, give God the glory!