Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diary Of A Baller: Tyus "Kid Mamba" Battle (Edison, NJ) Entry #38

Tyus, Family and Loul Deng (Chicago Bulls)

What’s up basketball world, I’m back with diary entry 38.

Tuesday, my mom picked my brother and I up from school, because my dad was still on his business trip. We went straight to our Hoop Heaven game instead of going home because we didn’t know how far it was from the house. The game didn’t start out well, our team was playing around during the game and before we knew it we were down by five. I started getting annoyed and in the second half I got a steal and dunked on a kid that was chasing me down. That was my first time ever dunking on anyone, and after my team woke up, we won the game by 10-15 points. When I told my dad about the dunk he was mad, because he wasn’t there.

Wednesday, I stayed home all day because I had to finish my science fair project. My project was originally going to be; can different genres of music affect plant growth, but I was not sure if I can finish it on time because of the amount of time it takes a plant to grow. So instead I changed it to corroding metals. For my experiment I put four different metals in two bowls. One contained water and the other contained iced tea. After I waited a week I observed the metals in each of the bowls and saw which liquids made the metals rust and corrode the most. I stayed up most of the night writing up my project and making a poster board for it.

Thursday, I had to go to the Science Fair after school so I didn’t go to the gym for the second day. My project turned out pretty good overall. I didn’t have the materials to make my poster board look better, so it turned out kind of plain. I tried to add pictures and some color but most of the board was still white. I know my mom and dad are reading this saying, how is it possible that the poster board is not perfect. You see I am pretty artistic, so I should have had a better finished project.

Friday, I didn’t have school and it was the first day this week I went to the gym to get shots up. Unfortunately that day my allergies got really bad, and I felt weak and sluggish so I decided not to lift, but instead just played 21 with a few people that were shooting around.

Saturday, felt like the longest day of the week. My little brother made plans to go to the mall and invited his friends Michelle, Mathew and Josh. He also invited Marcus, and Gabby who were a few of the people I hang out with in my grade. While there, most of us were looking for Mother’s Day gifts. I wanted to get my mom jewelry, but it was hard to find because I only had 20 dollars to spend. I ended up going to a cart in the middle of the mall and picking out silver earrings that cost 20 dollars. When my dad picked us up from the mall at 5 we went straight to the gym. I worked out hard for an hour and thirty minutes on my game and lifted weights for another 30 minutes. I still didn’t really feel like myself so the weights felt heavier than normal, especially the bench press. When I went home I played video games until the Lakers game came on at 10:30. The Lakers vs. Thunder series should be good, but if the Lakers go on the slumps (like they usually do) I think Thunder will win the series in 5 or 6, although I hate to admit it. Their young legs scare me but the Lakers have a chance.

Sunday, I went to US Hoops for around an hour. For the first 40 minutes we did individual moves and after playing games. Later, my mom picked us up and we hung out with her for an hour.

Before I go I would like to say Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. This is Tyus Battle signing out.