Tuesday, December 14, 2021


Hello BballSpotlight Fans, 

This is my first entry in the Diary of a Baller. I’m thankful that Mr. Melton is allowing me to share what I do during the week. My name is Anicet Dybantsa Jr but I am known by AJ. I’m 14 years old from Brockton, Massachusetts and play for Expressions Elite. I go to St Sebastian’s School in Needham, Massachusetts and I’m in the 8th grade. My parents take me to practice and games all the time and travel to all these states for me to play basketball and I appreciate them. My coaches Joe Saunders and Keyshawn Narcisse and my trainer Brandon Ball also play a big role in my development and success as of now and I thank them for that. Now let’s start with my weekly journey. 

Monday, I woke up at 5:45 to get ready for school. My mom and I had to leave the house by 6:25 to get to the bus stop so this gives me enough time to get through my routine. I ate breakfast and headed off to school. I got to school around 7:30 which gives me about 20 mins of free time until assembly starts. Since it was Monday, we had a corporate chapel which is like a Mass because I go to a Catholic school. We watched it and went to our classes. School was over then I lifted at school with the strength and conditioning coach then my momma picked me up from school to head to my trainer, Brandon from 7:30-9:30. We had a great workout. We worked on different finishes around the rim to pull up jump shots. We got back home, I ate dinner, took a shower, then hit the bed. 

Tuesday, I woke up at 5:45 again and followed my same schedule from eating breakfast to heading to heading to the bus stop and going to school. When I got to school though since it was a Tuesday, we had a class meeting which is just when my whole grade goes to a room talking about what’s going on. on with our school to our schedule to different events going on throughout the week. I headed to my classes and finished at 2:30. I stayed at school, finished some homework and waited till my mom picked me up to go to expressions practice from 7-9:30. Overall great practice, we ran through plays, scrimmaged and did some skill work too. I finished practice, went home, showered, ate, and went to bed. 

Wednesday, the alarm rang at 5:45 again and I stayed on my routine and left the house at 6:25 and got to the bus stop and went to school. Assembly today was a mini-Mass and we went to our classes after that. School ended at 1:45 since it’s Wednesday so I did homework until like 3 and we had to stretch and warm up because my varsity team had a game at 4:30. We played St. George and beat them by 4 and I had 16 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists. Played an overall great game and played well enough for us to win. 

Thursday, I woke up at 5:45 and repeated my daily schedule. Went to school and went to my classes and finished school at 2:30 and got as much homework done before lift at 3:00. After lifting, we had a little film session from our game yesterday at my school. After the film I went to X practice and this was one of the best practices we had. Energy was out the roof and it was basically scrimmaging our younger team the whole time and everyone was hype. Loved that day and went home to sleep. 

Friday, the alarm woke me up at 5:45 once again to get ready for school. Classes went by fast today and we ended at 1:45. Every Wednesday and Friday my school ends at 1:45. Did some homework after school and had lift and film again but the film was really just going over for our next game because we played IMG. No practice or workout after school because my game was still 11 so I didn’t want to kill myself before the game. Rest is important.     

Saturday, I woke up at 7:30 to get ready so she could drop me off at school at 9:00 because we had to take a team bus to Babson College where we played. The gym was packed because we are playing a powerhouse team. IMG is good but we had to show them we could compete. Ended up with 23 points, 7 rebounds and some assists but lost by 2. We could’ve won that game though. Stop sleeping on Massachusetts we can compete with the best of the best. 

Sunday, I woke up around 9:00 and today was a rest day for me so I ended up going to my sister's volleyball practice. She plays club volleyball for Southern Alliance Fire so that’s all I did for the day. 

Thank you for tuning in for the first week of My Diary of the Baller. Next week will be even better stay tuned!!