Monday, September 25, 2017

Diary Of A Baller: Jayden Pierre (Roselle, NJ) Entry #2

Jayden Pierre

Good morning Spotlight world, 

It's Jayden "JP" Pierre back with entry #2 of my Diary. 

On Monday school went by pretty smooth. After school, the girls’ varsity team had open gym in front of college coaches, I stayed and watched, this was my first time seeing them play, they are really good. After the girls were done, I had a workout with coach Decker, we worked on me being more efficient off the dribble, creating space, and my mid-range pull-up game. It was a very good workout. Afterwards, I went straight to another workout with TTA (Training Today's Athletes) we worked on my core and legs. On my way home, I stopped and grabbed something to eat, once I got home I did my homework, after I was done, I did my push-ups, sit ups, dips, and toe raises, took a shower and went straight to bed. 

Tuesday, I was able to rest, play 2K18 and chill after school, it was back to school night. I didn't have any homework, so once I got home from the school that night, I did my workout, took a shower and went to bed. 

Wednesday was very exciting for me, I caught my first Dunk, let me repeat that, I caught my first DUNK! After school at workouts, we were doing the three men weave, they passed me the ball for the layup, but I got up and dunked it, the whole gym went crazy. It was amazing to them, because I'm only 5'8, and they knew I've trying to dunk for a while. After I left the school, I was still excited about my dunk. I had an hour before my next workout, every Wednesday I'm in the gym with BadSocietyBball for three hours, we did a lot footwork drills using the ladder, then worked on a lot of pick n roll stuff. On my way home from there I was starving, we stopped and grabbed some food. I did the little bit of homework I had, took a shower and went straight to bed. 

I usually wake up when my alarm goes off, but Thursday morning my dad came downstairs and woke me up. I was sleeping so good I didn't even hear my alarm go off. I had a good day at school. I got a 100 on my math quiz, after school we had workouts, after workouts we played full court 5 on 5, my team lost every game, I was mad at myself for not doing more to help my team win. I got home and took a nap. I didn't have any workouts on my schedule, after I woke up from my nap, it was still early so I just rested, played some 2K18. Later I did my push-ups and the rest of my workout, showered and went to bed. 

Friday the school day went by kind of fast. I was able to finish all my work early in all classes. After school we had workouts, then played full court. This time my team didn't come off the court, we won every game, and my shots was falling like crazy. It's always a good feeling when you feel like you can't miss. After the workout at the school, later that evening, like every Wednesday, I'm in the gym with BadSocietyBball every Friday for 3 hours, we worked on different finishes around the rim, change of speed, and change of directions. When I got home, I played 2K for a little while, did my workout, showered and went to bed. I had to be in the gym by 9 AM the next morning. 

Saturday, I was in the gym by 9 am. I started out with some form shooting then got on the shooting gun, I was on the gun for an hour and a half, I got a lot of shots up. After I left there I went home sought out my clothes and did my laundry. After my laundry was done I took a nap. When I woke up, my dad gave me a ride to Kean University so I can play some pick-up games against some older guys. We got some good runs in, from the way I play everyone on the court thought I was older then I really am. I left there went home played some 2K18 showered and went to bed. 

Sunday morning my dad and I went to check out some fall ball at Hudson Catholic. I was excited because St Pats was playing Hudson Catholic. I was rooting for St Pats to win, but Hudson pulled it off. Hudson Catholic has three high major D1 commits, they are going to be a hard team to beat this year. Once we left from there, my mother had scheduled for all of us to go to Jenkinson's Amusement Park. I got on a couple rides, play some games, ate some funnel cake and just chilled out with the family for the rest day. Finally, I went home did my workout, washed and went to bed. 

God Bless and see you guys next week Jayden "JP" Pierre signing off..... 

Follow me on IG: @Jayden_JP_Pierre
A post shared by Jayden "The Package📦" Pierre (@jayden_jp_pierre) on