Monday, June 11, 2018

Diary Of A Baller: Ben Roy (Spring Lake Heights, NJ) Entry #7

Ben Roy

What’s up Basketball Spotlight World? 

Welcome to Journal Entry #7 for Ben Roy. 

Monday: As the last couple weeks of school were ahead of me, I seemed to be getting more and more ready for high school, and also for the school year to be over. Waking up Monday is always hard but today seemed normal. I went to school and the day went by quickly, and since it was nice out I decided to get some shots up after school. I shot for about an hour and then later that night I did some lifting that included mostly legs. After the lifting I was pretty tired so I decided to chill the rest of the night. 

Tuesday: Once again I woke up pretty energetic and was ready to start the day. My last official classes for the year were on Tuesday so I worked hard all day and was tired when I got home. I chilled for a little while when I got home and then I went outside and played 1 on 1 with my little brother for a while. It was good to take a chill day and recoup a bit. 

Wednesday: On Wednesday, we had youth government day so I got a tour of the whole town and watched an actual court case. After that we all went out as a grade to get lunch so by the time we got back to school, it was time to leave. After school we had our annual teachers vs. students basketball game. The last time students beat the teachers was a long time ago so it was nice to beat the teachers. After the game, I headed over to hoop group for a workout. After the workout, one of my Rio teammates and I worked out with a current local D1 player. When I got home, I took a shower and called it a night. 

Thursday: Thursday morning, I was feeling tired because I worked out for about 3 hours the night before. Thursday was our school picnic day for the whole grade so once again I got to miss all my classes. We all went to our local park and played games and ordered pizza as a grade. Later that night I headed up to Colts Neck to workout at I’m Possible. It’s always a good workout when I go, but this particular night had some real good talent in the gym. 

Friday: Although Friday was a normal school day, the day went by super quick and it felt like we had no work at all. After school I got some shots up outside my house for about an hour. Shortly after, I had to get ready and dressed because that night was my 8th grade dance. Before the dance, we all went to one of my friend’s houses before to take pictures. After pictures, we walked to my school for the dance. The dance was fun and after everyone went to Applebee’s but I decided not to go because I had games in the morning. 

Saturday: I woke up decently early because we had games pretty early in the morning. The two games we played we won pretty easily, but it was good to be back on the court with my team again. Since we haven’t played in a while, it took us about a half to get going, but once we did get going, there was no stopping us. After my games, I came home and showered and chilled for a little. After chilling out, I met up with some of my friends and we hung out that night. I left at about 9 pm because I knew I had to get home early to get mentally prepared and rest up for championship Sunday. 

Sunday: I woke up probably the most hyped and energetic I have been in awhile. This was because in the semi-finals , we were playing against my old team, NJ Shore Shots. It was good to get back on the court and compete against some of my close friends and former teammates. I played well and earned player of the game. Although we won by 15, it felt like it was closer the whole way. In the finals, we faced Jersey Force 15U and it was a hard fought battle like always. But unfortunately, they ended up beating us by 3. Even though I didn’t have one of my better games, I tried keep my head up and played hard. Although we came up a little short this weekend, we went 3-1 overall and played pretty well as a team. Something we can build on heading into the summer. TIME TO GET BACK AT IT! 

Thanks for checking in for Journal Entry #7, see you guys next week for my final entry