Monday, June 4, 2018

Diary Of A Baller: Ben Roy (Spring Lake Heights, NJ) Entry #6

Ben Roy And Friends

What’s up Basketball Spotlight? 

Welcome to Journal Entry #6 for Ben Roy. 

Monday: I woke up Monday morning extremely tired from weekend. I basically dragged myself out of bed and attempted to motivate myself for the day. I went to school that morning exhausted but as the day continued, my energy started to rise. After school I came home and chilled for a little bit then motivated myself to do some light lifting. Later that night, I decided to head up to the park and get some shots up under the lights. The temperature was nice so it was good to shoot outside for a change. 

Tuesday: I felt better when I woke up Tuesday morning; more motivated and energetic. I hopped in the shower, grabbed some breakfast, then I was out for the rest of the day. School felt longer than normal, but that was okay because I was feeling good that day. After school my dad took me to the chiropractic to get an adjustment. Although my back isn’t bothering me anymore, I felt like it was a good idea just to stay on top of it. It was such a nice day out so after the chiropractor, I met up with some friends and we went to the beach. After the beach, we all played dunk ball at my friends house and then I headed home. Later that night, I went up to the park and worked on pull up jumpers and did some ball handling. When I got home, it was late so I ended up just going to bed. 

Wednesday: I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling pretty good. Although I was ready to start the day off, the thought of having another day of science PARCC (standardized testing) had me a little rattled. Even though the testing is annoying, it’s only an hour and a half and I miss other classes so it didn’t turn out that bad. After school I went home and chilled for a little then I headed over to Hoop Group to workout. I worked out for about 2 hours and then I came home. When I came home, I ate some dinner then took a long hot shower. After that, I called it a night. 

Thursday: Thursday morning I woke up at about 5:30 am because I had to be at my school by 6:30 for my 8th grade class trip. We were leaving for Washington D.C. for two days. The best part about leaving for the trip was getting to miss school for the next two days. It was about a four hour bus ride, but once we got there, it was worth it. For the whole day, we toured most of D.C. and visited most of the memorials and monuments which were all cool to see. After visiting all these places, we headed back to our hotel rooms, and in my room, we ended the night watching Game 1 of the NBA Finals. 

Friday: I had to wake up early again on Friday morning for a breakfast with all of my classmates in the hotel. After the breakfast we all had time to go back up to our rooms and chill out for a little. We had only one more place to tour in D.C. then we would be on our way to Baltimore where we would go to the aquarium. We toured Arlington Cemetery as our last place and that was a good experience. After that we headed back up to Baltimore and walked around the inner harbor for a little then we headed home. We all got home around 8 pm. When I got home, I had a quick slice of pizza then I went up the street to get some shots up for about an hour. 

Saturday: I was excited to finally be able to sleep in again on Saturday morning. I woke up around 10:15, then I immediately got up and went and got shots up again. It was a really nice day out so I figured I would take advantage of the nice weather. After shooting, I met up with some friends at the beach and chilled with them for the rest of the day. I came home at about 7 o’clock and had so energy, so I decided to take my brother up to the park and workout with him for a little. 

Sunday: Today was the day I finally got confirmed. My confirmation was at 11 am so I had to wake up decently early to get prepared and ready for the big day ahead. I got all dressed up and then headed to my church around 10:15 am. It was nice to be in the church for that time and to share a moment with god. After getting confirmed, my whole family and I went to the Spring Lake Golf Club for lunch. Later on that night, I went to I’m Possible in Colts Neck to get a skill workout with Zach Leach. 

Thanks for checking in, I’ll catch you again next week.