Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Diary Of A Baller: Tyus "Kid Mamba" Battle (Edison, NJ) Entry #43

What’s up basketball world? I’m back with entry 43. Tuesday my dad woke me up earlier than usual to go to the gym and get a few shots up. We focused on just getting as many shots up as we could in an hour. To finish the workout off my dad and I played shot for shot. I have been noticing an improvement in my shot and it will keep on improving as I put more work into it. After my workout, I lifted weights for an hour. I tried to really concentrate and focus my time on my back and shoulders. Next, we rushed over to my sister’s recital at her school. We thought the recital began at 7 but it started at 6 therefore we missed the entire show. My step mom was okay with it because she told us the wrong time but we were all disappointed. 

Wednesday, I really didn’t do much because of the heat and my dad had to go to NYC. So my little brother and I just stayed inside and watched T.V and a few movies. We didn’t even bother to try and play the video game because of the amount of heat that comes out of the PS3. 

Thursday was even hotter. I was supposed to have a practice with St. Joes but it was cancelled because the air conditioner broke in the gym so instead I went to the gym by myself later that night when it cooled down. I worked on basic things, like moves to the basket, old ball handling drills, and old shooting drills. Sometimes it’s just best to go back to your basics, I am always amazed how much you move away from the stuff you worked on when you are a young kid. 

Friday my dad and I went to the gym early in the morning to lift before I went to hang out with my friends Madison, Lauren, Mary, Josh and Marcus. While with them I stayed outside most of the time either in the pool or throwing a football. When it started raining later that day we went inside and just watched a few movies until our parents came to pick us up. 

Saturday my dad trained a boy named Riley at 12 p.m. for about an hour and a half. He is still learning the basics like finishing with his left hand and staying low on his dribble. If he works consistently he can be pretty good because he picks drills up pretty fast. When we finished at 2 p.m. my brother and I got dressed to go to my friend Nicole’s graduation party. Both, my brother and I had a lot of fun. We swam, played basketball, and talked the whole time. 

Sunday was my little brother’s birthday and I didn’t get a chance to go to the gym. So my dad dropped the two of us off at the mall so we can spend time together. My little brother also invited a couple friends to go with him. I decided to use the time at the mall to buy him a pair of chill sneakers that he liked. After we all left the mall, he and his friends went to the carnival. He said he had a lot of fun and enjoyed all of his presents. My dad and step mom went all out for him. 

Next week will be my first summer league game with Saint Joseph’s so I will be sure to tell you all how it goes. 

This is Tyus Battle signing out