Now that the Grand Finale has come and gone we are ready to release our first Top 10 Team Rankings of the season. This year our rankings will be sponsored by AGame Team Apparel. First we will take a look at the 14U Division.
Basketball Spotlight 14U Top 10 (Presented By AGame Team Apparel)
1. Starrett City: You can call them Starrett City or Juice All Stars but we feel they are the #1 team in the region right now. They stormed through the Grand Finale until the playoffs rolled around. They have a loaded roster and should have a chance to go wire to wire in the #1 spot.
2. Youth Interlock: A few roster changes will occur with this squad but expect to still bring the pain. They were idle during Grand Finale but should make their Spotlight debut at the Clash For The Cup. I also heard they might pick up a few studs soon so watch out.
3. Team Scan: Scan made it to the finals of the Grand Finale and had Starrett City on the ropes. This defensive minded squad possesses some of the top guards in the region. They are also entering the Clash For The Cup and will be looking for their first Spotlight crown.
4. Team Nelson: The Triple Crown winners left the Grand Finale empty handed after falling to Team Scan in the semifinals. They should return for the Clash For The Cup hungry as ever. Don’t count them out.
5. Brooklyn Ballers: This talented bunch also made it to the Final Four at the Grand Finale. Their backcourt is dynamic and their up tempo style makes it difficult for opponents. They will try to finish the job at the Clash For The Cup.
6. Team Underrated: I like what TU brought to the Grand Finale. They have one of the top guards around and made a strong push before losing to Brooklyn Ballers in the quarterfinals. They are knocking on the door.
7. Team NJ ABC: The reigning NJ State Champs made it to the quarterfinals before running into a buzz saw called Starrett City. They are still a dangerous squad and capable of running the table at any tourney.
8. AGame Elite: Formerly Team Kobe this squad took a big hit with the apparent loss of Brandon Austin. They still have some good pieces and probably will reload with some talent shortly.
9. Team Final: Pop Warner football caused this squad not to enter the Grand Finale but they should be ready to go for the Clash For The Cup. They have one of the top prospects in the region in Matt Risse.
10. NJ Pirates: I slept on this squad in the Grand Finale but they made a little noise. They have a solid crew willing to leave it all on the floor. Keep an eye out for them. Jake Dadika is one of their top guards.
13 and Under Coming Tomorrow!