Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Diary Of A Baller: James "Buckets" Bishop (Baltimore, MD) Entry #7

James "Buckets" Bishop

Dear Basketball Spotlight World, 

It’s James Bishop back again to tell you how my week went. 

On Monday I had off school for Memorial Day, so I got to sleep in. Once I got up I was watching my niece play around. I never get to hold her because my brother spoiled her so bad that if anyone else tries to pick her up she cries. Today was supposed to be an off day for me but my brother got a call from Troy (trainer) and he said he wanted me to play this college player 1 on 1. He felt I could be him and that I was the better player. The game was at St. Francis Academy and went to 11. I ended up winning the game 11-7 and won $50 in the process. The environment was hostile with everyone watching and hyping up the game. I thrive in moments like that. I guess it comes with being from Baltimore. After the game we chilled and talked for about 30 minutes. Then I went home did my physical workout and spent the rest of the day with my family. 

Tuesday, after school I was a little upset because my God brother had me waiting for him by myself for two hours. After he picked us up we went to a gym called Hoops and got some ones in. After leaving the gym we wanted something to eat and I was in the mood for something close to a home cooked meal so we went to Boston Market. Before we ate I did my ball handling and jumped into the shower. That food sent me directly to sleep. 

On Wednesday I got up for the usual school day. After school I went to the Y to workout. After workouts I came home did my ball handling workouts then ran two miles before and got ready for bed. The next day after school I went down to the Y to hoop for about an hour until my game at 7. We won our game then my brother took me to run some hills. After that I worked on my handle on ice. After we worked out I went to the gas station and got some snacks and drinks before going to bed. 

On Friday, my school teacher made us stay after and help move stuff. After that I met my bro at the gym and we got a good workout in. After that I hooped with my homeboys and I caught my first official dunk. I was so hyped and everyone else in the gym was so surprised. You guys better watch you heads from now on. After that my brother took me to the hills. We ran the hills, did lunges and ball handling drills. After that I came into the house put me on something to eat and chilled for the rest of the night. 

On Saturday I got up at 6:30 am and ran my hills, squats and lunges. Then I worked on my ball handling with my bro. After that I came in and chilled until my workout at 1. After that I went home and showered for the rest of the night. I was going to the mall, movies and out to eat. 

On Sunday my bro told me take the day off and give my body a rest. The most I will do today is stretch, make a bath and relax. I’m going to just chill with my family and get ready for my week to come.