Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Basketball Spotlight Preseason 6th Grade Top 10: Presented By AGame Team Apparel
The Basketball Spotlight 6th Grade Preseason Top 10 is listed below. This list was compiled from team expectations, key player additions and key player losses. The Road To The Grand Finale is long so we expect this list to change a few times during the season.
Basketball Spotlight 6th Grade Preseason Top 10
1. Team Nelson: TN won the last two Basketball Spotlight titles (MDC and Grand Finale). Now they return with a huge target on their backs. They have good guards and some of the best front court players in America. They will be looking to repeat as Grand Finale champs.
2. We R One: They #10 in the country return their core and might be adding a few more pieces. Their backcourt has to be one of the top in the country and they should be one of the early favorites to win the Basketball Spotlight Grand Finale crown.
3. ETU Select: This newly formed squad has some of the top talent in the Potomac Valley. They are loaded from top to bottom. Now it’s up to them to make everything click so they march towards to the Grand Finale crown.
4. Playtime Panthers: Yes the Black and Green will be back in action. They did have some player movement but Coach Mike should have them rebound greatly. We look for them to be in the mist of the heavy hitters.
5. Team Takeover: They had a very deep run at the AAU Nationals. Now they return this season in hopes of winning their first Spotlight banner. They had some player movement especially involving ETU Select.
6. CJ Hawks: The Hawks added one of the top combo guards in the region so their scoring average should shoot up. Now their expectations will be higher than in the past.
7. New Heights: They made some noise last year now they will be looking to move towards winning their first banner. They have some scrappy players and some talent.
8. Riverside Rens (Harris): This team showed some promise then vanished off the scene. Now Coach Harris will have them ready for some revenge. Don’t be surprised if they knock off a few teams ranked ahead of them.
9. Mid Jersey Mavericks: MJM seems to be ready for the big boys. They will get their chance at the at the Tip Off Classic.
10. Gauchos: The NYC Choz might be able to surprise some teams early on. They have an energetic forward that showed his worth at the Super Skillcase.