Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Basketball Spotlight 7th Grade Preseason Top 10: Presented By AGame Team Apparel
The Basketball Spotlight 7th Grade Preseason Top 10 is listed below. This list was compiled from team expectations, key player additions and key player losses. The Road To The Grand Finale is long so we expect this list to change a few times during the season.
Basketball Spotlight 7th Grade Preseason Top 10
1. DC Assault: The National Champs will be the hunted on the Spotlight circuit. They have their full roster intact and will be looking to go all the way again. Can they handle the heat? We shall see.
2. Team IZOD: The newly formed “Supreme Team” was the talk of the late summer. They have their eyes set on dethroning DCA and winning the Spotlight Grand Finale crown. They will probably meet up at the Clash For The Cup.
3. Riverside Rens (Council): New Rens made their presence felt at the AAU Nationals by finishing in the Top 10. Now they will have to show they are worthy of staying in our Top 5 and racing towards the Grand Finale crown.
4. Mass Shooting Stars: The Cinderella squad of last season returns with a few new pieces. Now the cat is out the bag and they won’t be able to sneak up on any opponents. Their first true test will be at the Tip Off Classic.
5. ECE: The Division 2 National Champs also made it to the Grand Finale finals last summer. Now the squad from the “First State” will be looking to make some noise once again.
6. Wall 2 Wall: The pesky bunch from Allentown still feels they don’t get enough respect. Now W2W is determined to make the Grand Finale Final Four to show they belong.
7. Playtime Panthers: The Green and Black have added a few players from last year’s “Fly Guys” so they should be ready to reach the next level. I can’t wait to see their up and down style.
8. Riverside Rens (Lawrence): These boys will be trying to revamp and get back to the top. It will be interesting to see how they react to the 7th Grade level.
9. Team Final: TF has some new pieces including one of the top wing players in the Northeast. This improvement should push them up the ladder.
10. Team Melo: The B’More boys have a few bonafide players and we can’t wait to see them go. We know they will be going extremely hard.