Monday, January 4, 2016
Basketball Spotlight Code Of Conduct Will Be Enforced!
During the Tip Off Classic we noticed some unacceptable behavior from players, parents and coaches. In an effort to make sure we run respectable and safe events we have added a Code Of Conduct. Please look closely at these behavior rules we will follow for the duration of our circuit.
1. Any player ejected for fighting or intentionally trying to hurt a player during a foul will be suspended for the duration of the tournament. This is subject to the discretion of the tournament director.
2. Any coach that is ejected for harassing the referees or score-keepers will be asked to leave the building. If he or she refuses then their team will be forced to forfeit the game and may be suspended for the rest of tournament play.
3. Any parent that crosses the line of harassing the referees or scorekeepers will be asked to leave the facility and will not receive an entry fee refund. Refusing to leave the building will result into the matter being reported to the proper authorities.
4. Please keep the taunting to a minimum and let the players enjoy the experience on the floor. We understand everyone wants to be competitive but we must teach these youngsters good sportsmanship.
5. Any team that does not complete the tournament in terms of skipping their third game will not be able to return to a Basketball Spotlight event unless they pay a $150 fine fee.
6. Teams please understand the Orange and Blue Division was created to promote sportsmanship among the teams. New teams that enter our event will most likely be asked to start off in the Blue Division and move their way up. Many top programs have been through the same process. Please respect our format.
7. Any team that cannot respect these rules and conduct themselves in the proper manner will be asked to leave the tournament and no refund for the event will be given.
Code Of Conduct Forms Will Be Signed By The Coach Of Each Team Before Participating In The Next Event.